APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED!
Outstanding Drumming Performers Wanted!
Owing to the massive success of Spark!, we are looking for four dynamic and energetic performers to join our team from Autumn 2014.
Spark! is a high-tech extravaganza of amazing drumming, stunning costumes, dynamic choreography and – LIGHT! Lots of light!
- have strong rhythmic skills. You will probably be a drummer or percussionist. But you may be a dancer with great rhythm, a beat-boxer or a precision juggler. We’re open minded.
- be a comfortable mover! There is a lot of choreography in the show and you need to move well.
- be energetic and hard-working. This is a very physically intensive show with lots of movement and big drums.
- be based in the north east. Within one hour travelling distance to North Shields for rehearsals etc.
- be up for adventure and flexible in your availability. We’ve lots of shows booked for 2014 and 2015 in some pretty cool places, with more coming in daily.
- enjoy travel and meeting people. We travel A LOT! You’ll see some amazing places, eat wild and wonderful food (and hang out in lots of airports at 4am)
- be professional and reliable. Your word is your bond!
- be a team player. We will spend a lot of time together at shows and on the road so a good attitude is a must
The qualities above are as important to us as experience. Whatever your experience, think about applying. We all got started doing this when someone gave us our first break. This could be yours!
You’ll get to do some amazing shows in some amazing places and we always try to cram in some fun too as this random gallery from the last few months shows:
How much will I earn from Spark!?
Initial rehearsals will be for expenses only. Performances are well paid.
We are growing the Spark! team because right now we are turning down more work than we can take on. By growing the team, we will grow the pool of work available. Whilst we can’t guarantee what you might make, we expect it to be comparable with what performers are making now
A performer who was available for the most shows in Spark! has earned £12,900 in the last 8 months. This was not full time. Some of this was very intense work (like 9 days in Qatar – so more than full time) whilst in other periods there were not any shows for 2-3 weeks. In addition performers received the majority of their meals (some belters!) or per diems (additional food allowances) for most time away.
So how much will you make? We can’t give you a promise of how much you will make as it depends upon a number of factors such as:
- How much work you are available for – those who are most available and flexible obviously do the most shows
- How many performers we need for a particular show. We need between 5 and 8 per show depending on the booking.
- Your skills and how hard you work – if you put the effort in and learn more than one part in the show, you will get offered more shows.
If you blend Spark! with some other flexible work (as all our other performers do) then it can be very rewarding in every sense!
How to apply?
1) Find out about the show
Check out our website at www.worldbeatersmusic.com to see images and video from the show, find out more about it and see whether it looks good for you. We’re also on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/worldbeaters
2) Check you can make an audition day.
We will be holding two auditions at Spark! HQ in North Shields on:
- Wednesday 25th June – 9.30am – 4.30pm
- Thursday 26th June – 9.30am – 4.30pm
You must be available for ONE of these.
If invited, you will work for a one full day with some of the existing Spark! team. You will learn two pieces of music and some moves that go with them. We will devise some new material as part of this and your ideas will be welcome. We’ll get to know you a little; we’ll tell you more about the show (including the financial side); and you won’t have to perform any of your songs from “Annie”. Heck, We’d go as far as to say it will be fun!
3) Apply online today!
If you’re interested, please complete the application form here ASAP and by 4pm on Wednesday 18th June at the latest.
We will let you know by the evening of Friday 20th of June whether you will be invited for audition.
We will work out a period of rehearsal during SUMMER 2014 with the successful applicants which will be designed to fit around existing commitments.
And please share this ASAP with anyone else you think might be interested.